Black Lives Matter – let’s talk about it!
With all the uncertainty and challenges in this time, I, along with many others, are at a loss of words.
But, I also note that any sign of silence is a sign of weakness. A sign that I am not standing for what is right.
I have shared many resources on my personal social media and would like to share on here today.
I’ve taken this past week to start to educate myself, sign/donate where it is needed, and support business owned by black entrepreneurs.
It’s important to realize that these actions cannot last this week, this month, or even next year. These actions need to last our lifetime and those who follow us forever and ever.
Today, I want to share some educational resources that I’m also starting with AND black female-owned companies that are complete badasses!
Today, I want you to know that I will never understand, but I will always listen, I will always stand, and I will continue to educate myself.
Today, I hope you stand with me.
Please take some time to check out my top 10’s for both educational starting points and black female-owned businesses below.
If there are any other resources you want our babes here at The Sassy Girl Project to know of PLEASE SHARE!
10 Educational Resources:
- White Tears Brown Scars – How white feminism betrays women of color by Ruby Hamad
- This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell
- White Fragility – Why it’s so hard for white people to talk about racism
- American Son on Netflix
- If Beale Street Could Talk on Amazon/Hulu
- If They Could See Us on Netflix
- Dear White People on Netflix
- 13 on Netflix
- Pod Save the People on Spotify/Apple Music
- Code Switch on Spotify/Apple Music
10 Black Female Owned Businesses:
- The Honey Pot Company – Organic Tampons and Female Care
- Gisele Milan Smith – Podcast host, blogger, PR Firm
- Waste Free Marie – blogger and environmentalist
- Pretty Well Beauty – Consciously curated clean beauty + wellness shop
- Nicole Calhoun – Yoga studio owner and fitness influencer
- OUI the People – Razors and shaving for sensitive skin (can’t wait to TRY!!)
- Lolly Lolly Ceramics – I just found her and I can’t wait until items are back in stock…wait until you see them!!
- The Lovely Alea – Energy Reader and Energy Coach
- Natural Lannie Essentials – Hand poured soy candles
- Skin by Ame- 100% Natural Body Butters, Soaps and Facial Oils
Last Week on The Sassy Girl Project…Three Steps to Reconnect