Babes!! This girl is graduating from college in ONE WEEK.
This is one step closer to living my dream! I wanted to share my top 5’s for things I have learned and things I can’t live without/ couldn’t have made it through without.
This journey has been wild, to say the least. Full of my highest highs and my lowest lows. I know everyone says college is the most exciting part of your life, but I beg to differ.
I have the rest of my life to use the tools I learned in college to live my best life! I want to make the most of every opportunity the universe brings my way.
Let’s start with…
5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started College:
- Stop comparing yourself to other people: Confidence, confidence, confidence, babe. I spent way to much time worrying about everyone but ME. Ew. You’ve heard it a million times, but if you haven’t heard it today, I want to tell you that you are the only you for. a. reason.
- Put your phone down: We miss out on so much. I was guilty of it – standing around, everyone else is looking down, so I did too. But its time to stop that. It’s time to start looking up and encouraging others to do the same. We can all be friends virtually, but human connections last a lifetime and save you when you need it most.
- Relax, stop taking everything so personally: This is huge! What people do and say to you, 90 percent of the time, really isn’t about you. Or, that 10% that it is, it is usually criticism to make you better, to force you to grow. So, relax, take a breath, and move along sister.
- Make yourself uncomfortable: Put yourself out there. Make connections with people you normally wouldn’t. Say yes to things that scare you. If you stay in a comfortable environment, you will never grow and develop as a human being. You deserve to test your limits every day.
- Stop overthinking it and do it: You have everything you need to face whatever the universe throws at you. Stop thinking “this isn’t the right time” or “no, I’m not ‘good/smart enough for this”. You are. You will never be ready, you will never be good enough, and you will never be smart enough. But what you will have is an experience that was meant for you, at that moment, at that exact time.
5 Things That Helped Me Survive – My Essentials:
- Foam mattress pad: This might seem random and silly, but a good night of sleep is essential. This girl needs her beauty sleep. I was never the girl in the library until 3 am studying for finals. I was the girl who got 8 hours of sleep before a final. To me, studying means nothing if my brain isn’t rested and alert for a big event/exam.
- Yoga Mat: Yoga was a game-changer for me. Not only did my body feel great, but it was a way for me to relieve stress and reset my mind.
- My Top 6 Books: I wrote a blog post about 4 months ago that listed the top 6 books that changed my life. I always keep these books with me and re-read parts of them. They changed my life! They taught me to be strong, to be confident, and to set any goal I wanted knowing I’d get there.
- French Press: You know I am a HUGE coffee lover. Even when I didn’t need a caffeine boost, I’d make a cup of decaf. The smell of coffee just made me feel like I was ready to dominate the world. I also am a lover of tea, so a nice cup of sleepy tea before bed or chia mid-afternoon was essential!
- The Gym: The gym has always been my secret weapon! I go for three reasons – 1. get my mind away from the world, 2. selfish time for me to work on me, 3. getting into shape has given me so much confidence! Even if the gym isn’t for you, find your way to exercise. Check out my holiday gift guide for fitness lovers for some essentials!
Here is to starting the next chapter!
This post includes affiliate links which I can earn commissions from. Each product I link are things I love and personally recommend, but you can learn more about our disclaimers here.